The new issue of Gritty Pretty Magazine Summer 2017 is now live!
Captured on the rooftop of the Intercontinental Sydney Double Bay, the brief was “sun-kissed, European holiday, sexy but clean, dewy and undone” and working their magic behind the scenes to create this beauty look were makeup artist Filomena Natoli and master hair stylist for Cloud Nine, Renya Xydis.
Here, we give you exclusive access as these professionals reveal how they created the Summer 2017 cover look for Hailey Baldwin – who was in the country to celebrate her debut eponymous makeup collection with ModelCo. We’re talking the exact products – down to the shade – that were used and more importantly, how you can replicate it at home…
“The look I created for Hailey is very much that no-makeup makeup look that she favours,” says Natoli. “It’s all about incredible skin, which Hailey is naturally blessed with, so I just accentuated that.” Get the looks with her how-to below:
- To start, I mixed my favourite Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation with Hailey Baldwin x ModelCo Model Co. Glow Beauty Balm. I rubbed it into my hands and pressed it into the skin so the product would melt and look traceless.”
- I then “non-toured” (translation: a new trend to get glowy, dewy skin by leaving contouring out of your look) by highlighting Hailey’s face with The Filter Cream Duo. A light touch is key in this step.
- I defined the brow gently and brushed up with the Perfect Brows duo pen.
- Using my fingers, I patted on On The Glow Cream Highlighter in Rose Glow onto Hailey’s eyelids, then over the top of that I applied the slightest amount of the brown contour cream from The Filter Cream Duo. Finish with mascara.
- On the lips, using my fingers I patted the Semi-Matte Lipstick in Bendo (soft dusty pink) and followed with Kiss Pot Rose Lip Balm in the centre of the lip.
- And lastly, on her body I applied the Coconut Luxe 100% Natural Beauty Oil.
For Hailey’s hair, the brief was a dishevelled, undone low-pony – something you’d typically pull together after a dip in the pool on your European vacation. Xydis says this is the perfect style for summer because it’s easy enough to do at home and versatile enough to wear anywhere – from the beach to a night out. Her how-to below:
- Using the Cloud Nine Wand, I worked in sections and added a soft wave to the hair, alternating the direction of the curl to add volume.
- Then, I sprayed Wella Professionals EIMI Dry Me dry shampoo all over Hailey’s roots to add a matte texture to her hair.
- Hair was secured in a low pony around the nape of the neck with a bungee band and I worked my fingers through the hair to break up the waves.
- Small sections of hair was pulled out and placed around the face as desired.
- To finish, Wella Professionals EIMI Flexible Finish was lightly sprayed all over.