Finally! An Autumn beauty look that’s not all brown and smoky.
Not that there’s anything wrong with brown and smoky, but there’s no reason your makeup needs to get all X-Pro II-dark and shadowy just because the weather’s headed the same direction. Instead, go the opposite way and embrace strobing, brushed-up brows and all-grown-up pink makeup.
Makeup Artist Tobi Henney says this autumn’s beauty trend starts with “creating porcelain skin with an accentuated feature. Think a burgundy lip. Eyes are all about smokiness, which is cool but not overdone. Metallic eyeshadows are back, but these are subtle.”
Now you try. Here’s Henney’s step-by-step guide to creating this transeasonal beauty look on your own fab face –
- Start by cleansing the skin with Bioderma Sensibio H20 Micellar Cleansing Water. Ensure the skin is clear of oil and impurities. Then massage skin with hydrating moisturiser.
- Prime the skin with Laura Mercier Radiance Primer – this will create a beautiful sheen through the foundation. Add M.A.C Strobe Cream to the high points of the face (cheek bones, cupids bow, bridge of the nose) for added glow.
- Buff a dewy liquid foundation into skin to create a flawless base and if required, blend it with a damp makeup sponge or cushion.
- Conceal any imperfections. Brighten under the eyes with YSL Touche Éclat. Powder t-zone with illuminating powder (try: M.A.C Mineralize Skin Finish Powder) – this will mattify without making the skin look dry.
- Brush the brows up and fill in where needed with powder. To keep brows in shape use a clear brow gel.
- Use a pink or nude eyeshadow gel on lids (try: M.A.C Paint Pot in Let’s Skate) and set with a powder eyeshadow of the same shade (M.A.C Eyeshadow in Flock & Roll). Highlight inner eye and brow bone with a powder illuminator and slightly apply to the cheekbones to highlight.
- Curl lashes using Shu Uemura Lash Curler and apply voluminous mascara.
- Line the waterline with a white kohl liner.
- Sweep light pink blush on the apples of the cheeks and upwards across the cheekbones.
- Finish the look with a matte burgundy lipstick (try: Tom Ford Matte Lipstick in Black Dahlia).
How do you do Autumn beauty?