EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO CREATE THIS AUTUMN BEAUTY LOOK
Finally! An Autumn beauty look that’s not all brown and smoky.
Not that there’s anything wrong with brown and smoky, but there’s no reason your makeup needs to get all X-Pro II-dark and shadowy just because the weather’s headed the same direction. Instead, go the opposite way and embrace strobing, brushed-up brows and all-grown-up pink makeup.
Makeup Artist Tobi Henney says this autumn’s beauty trend starts with “creating porcelain skin with an accentuated feature. Think a burgundy lip. Eyes are all about smokiness, which is cool but not overdone. Metallic eyeshadows are back, but these are subtle.”
Now you try. Here’s Henney’s step-by-step guide to creating this transeasonal beauty look on your own fab face –
- Start by cleansing the skin with Bioderma Sensibio H20 Micellar Cleansing Water. Ensure the skin is clear of oil and impurities. Then massage skin with hydrating moisturiser.
- Prime the skin with Laura Mercier Radiance Primer – this will create a beautiful sheen through the foundation. Add M.A.C Strobe Cream to the high points of the face (cheek bones, cupids bow, bridge of the nose) for added glow.
- Buff a dewy liquid foundation into skin to create a flawless base and if required, blend it with a damp makeup sponge or cushion.
- Conceal any imperfections. Brighten under the eyes with YSL Touche Éclat. Powder t-zone with illuminating powder (try: M.A.C Mineralize Skin Finish Powder) – this will mattify without making the skin look dry.
- Brush the brows up and fill in where needed with powder. To keep brows in shape use a clear brow gel.
- Use a pink or nude eyeshadow gel on lids (try: M.A.C Paint Pot in Let’s Skate) and set with a powder eyeshadow of the same shade (M.A.C Eyeshadow in Flock & Roll). Highlight inner eye and brow bone with a powder illuminator and slightly apply to the cheekbones to highlight.
- Curl lashes using Shu Uemura Lash Curler and apply voluminous mascara.
- Line the waterline with a white kohl liner.
- Sweep light pink blush on the apples of the cheeks and upwards across the cheekbones.
- Finish the look with a matte burgundy lipstick (try: Tom Ford Matte Lipstick in Black Dahlia).
How do you do Autumn beauty?
[responsive imageid=’17290′ size1=’0′ size2=’641′ size3=’1024′]
[responsive imageid=’17284′ size1=’0′ size2=’641′ size3=’1024′]
[responsive imageid=’17291′ size1=’0′ size2=’641′ size3=’1024′]
[responsive imageid=’17281′ size1=’0′ size2=’641′ size3=’1024′]