Depending on where you are in the world, you could be sunning yourself in Greece, lapping up some Vitamin D in New York’s Central Park or breathing in the fresh ocean air of the Maldives.
But for us here in Australia, winter is upon us. Sure, it’s considered “mild” as opposed to the rest of the world but here’s the thing: regardless of whether it’s cold and windy or hot and dry, our skin suffers and becomes scaly and dehydrated. Gross.
The solution? Dry oil.
It isn’t just any ol’ dry oil. And to prove it, here’s 10 bloody good reasons why:
1. It’s the number one oil in France. French women are known for having flawless skin so that has to count for something, right?
2. The formula is dry, which means it has the nourishing and hydrating benefits of a rich oil but it doesn’t leave any sticky residue on the skin. This makes for a bonus when applying before dressing.
3. It’s multi-purpose. Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse wins brownie points for being an overachiever as it can be applied not just to the body but to the face, hair and nails as well.
4. One of the most obvious but key reasons is that it moisturises like no body’s business. Unlike lotions and creams which can sit on the surface of the skin, this oil goes deep to lock moisture into your skin for hours. The result? Soft and supple skin that makes you look and feel good.
5. By massing an oil all over your body, you can help reduce aches and pains as well as decrease stress. Because stress can also lead to the increased production of free radicals in the skin, cells can break down resulting in premature aging. So, put your feet up, take a load off and pour yourself some Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse stat.
6. Gwyneth Paltrow and Eva Mendes are fans of this oil. Okay, thank you for reading and good-bye.
7. It comes in a shimmer variant: Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse Or. But wait, don’t be afraid! It doesn’t leave glitter or sparkles on the skin. Instead, it leaves a beautiful and subtle sheen making your skin look healthy and luminous.
8. This formula has been jam packed with six precious plant oils: macadamia, hazelnut, borrage, almond, camellia and St. John’s Wort). Why? Because together, they nourish, repair and soften both the skin and hair. Plus, it smells like a tropical holiday in a bottle!
9. Giving you bang for your buck, it can also be used to tame fly aways. It even kicks ass as a hair mask for an intensely nourishing effect. Alternatively, apply it to your ends before bed and leave it to do it’s thing overnight. By morning, you’ll wake up with hair like Gisele.
10. The size of your foot is approximately the size of your forearm. Yeah, this has nothing to do with it but honestly, how weird is that?