Going out to An Important Evening Event is akin to going to battle.
Preparation is key. Once on the ground – or in your bathroom – you need the the right strategy and sometimes, the right personnel.
For some, getting ready to go out can be tricky and takes a lot of time (which you don’t always have). And, there’s no denying that at some point – we’ve all been there – there are those complete meltdown moments because your hair just won’t work or you simply have nothing to wear!
But with a little planning – and these helpful tips – you can minimise the fuss and enjoy the process.
ONE WEEK BEFORE
- If your hair needs a colour touch-up, this is the time to do it. Don’t leave it ’til the last minute as colours tend to look more natural a couple of weeks after they are done. While you’re at the salon, spoil yourself with a deep conditioning treatment like a shu uemura Master Ceremony if your locks need it.
THREE NIGHTS BEFORE
- Now is the time for hair removal – remember no pain, no gain!
- Eyelash tinting is also a good idea so you don’t have to worry about panda eyes (especially if your important event is a wedding).
- It’s also time to squeeze in a spray tan or at-home tanning session. Any later and your colour might not be the perfect shade of golden glow that you want. By doing it a few days before, it also allows for any error such as getting rid of accidental streaks or orange hands or toes.
- Treat any sneaky new blemishes with tea tree oil or your own blemish blaster.
THE NIGHT BEFORE
- OK, now is the time to get all of those pesky yet essential things out of the way: shaving legs and armpits, shaping eyebrows and giving yourself a manicure or pedicure.
- It’s also an idea to wash your hair the night before. This will ensure your hair as a little grit by the following evening, making it easier to style.
- And lastly, try to get some sleep. It’s your body’s best beauty remedy.
THE DAY OF
- Woke up feeling a little tired? For a puffy eye fix, splash your face with cool water and apply a cold compress for ten minutes. This could be a cotton pad soaked in iced water or even a chilled cucumber slice. Our tip? Soak a cotton pad with 3–4 drops of SK-II Facial Treatment Essence, pop in the freezer for two minutes then apply onto eyes.